Robert Kennedy's United States History Class
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Power Point Guidlines
Do Watch These Videos Before Considering This Assignment
DO'S AND DON'T FOR POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS
- Save your work frequently (Ctrl+S)
- Store it in a cloud service like Google Drive!
- be brief (no more than 6 bullets/points per slide)
- use appropriate fonts: big (min. 28pts) and clear (sans-serif).
- If possible, test your slides: run the slide show and see if you can read your slides from the last row of the room where you will be presenting.
- use appropriate colors: not too bright, high contrast, consistent. Remember that what looks good on your monitor does not necessarily look good on the big screen.
- create contrast using font size, colors
- rely on the program's Autosave feature.
- put everything you present on the slides. Remember that slides are just a visual aid -- if you overload them, the audience will end up trying to read the slides and not paying attention to you.
- use different colors / fonts on every single slide.
- use bright background colors that will strain your audience's eyes
- use too many animation effects! They are VERY distracting for the audience and make you look like a show-off. Use animation only to make a point and not to make your presentation more interesting (use content to do that!).